Sunday, November 13, 2011

New Orleans

NOLA is probably a marvelous town to visit well rested, horny, and with a well known crowd of one's own revelers. 880 miles of counting Texas road kill deer (I lost track at 40) and spotting the occasional living example from the back of a vehicle which might fare no better than the fauna in an altercation between the two occupied 30% of my available headspace for the last two days. Even the greeting I received from two pair of pendulous 45 year old breasts from the balcony of my hotel were hardly worthy of my attention.

Finally granted the opportunity to stop thinking about the murderous giant rats for an evening, and having enjoyed a tremendous meal at Lüke, I am falling asleep and forced to admit that I just don't have it in me to go back out. I'm sure the stories that would arise from my exhausted stumbling along Bourbon Street to meet a friend's audio engineer buddy (who's doing a show, tonight) would be far more exciting than this brief missive, so I'll take some time to think about what might have happened had I remained on the street and try to tell some entertaining lies, tomorrow.

Texas isn't so bad--it's just too damned big.

It does offer some very pretty skies.
Here I attempted to get a shot of the causeway through the swamp that comprises most of I-10 through Louisiana. For 20 miles this elevated roadway cuts through the treetops. I can't imagine what traveling through this state was like before modern construction. There's definitely a lot more wet than there is dry.

1 comment:

  1. Happy to see updates again, although now we'll have to wait till you return.

    ReplyDelete