Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Day Zero

Today I'm posting from my iPhone, and I didn't have a chance to snap any pictures of my new bike, so this will be brief.

Phil, the previous owner of the motorcycle, picked me up from LaGuardia, where we had to walk 4.72 miles to get back to the car. We then drove for approximately 17.29 hours (having gotten lost in a traffic snarl just west of the George Washingtom Bridge) until we finally got to Andover, NJ, where I have been treated to food, drink, phone service, the company of his charming wife and children, and a very comfortable guest room.

Most of my gear was delivered by UPS within minutes of my arrival, but the tent I'm borrowing from my cousin, Tony, seems to have failed to arrive in a timely fashion. My roommates did a great job of hunting down most everything I asked them to send, so I'll still be able to get on the road in the morning. I must have failed to adequately describe which camera I wanted shipped, though, as te one in the box, while mine, is not the DSLR I was hoping to use to capture loads of impressive images to show off, here. Hardly the end of te world. Heck, I've been wanting a new point & shoot, anyway, so maybe I just got the excuse I need to finally buy one.

I'll have pictures and another report tomorrow, after a certain to be harrowing 22.5 mile commute from here to Orange to borrow another bed for a night.

Oh, and my motor reminds me that the 55 on the CB WAS about the Nixon (not Carter) imposed speed limit and that the wobble came on at 70, not 55. Do you see? It was so frightening I forgot ALL the details!

2 comments:

  1. Stupid iPhone. My MOTHER reminds me...not motor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was my pleasure Hunter. Safe travels my friend
    P{hil

    ReplyDelete